Monday, May 11, 2009

Thoughts of the day.



I think the simple life may be an oxymoron of sorts because life is anything but simple today. We are living in a time of change and uncertainty to be sure. There is hatred and division running rampant right here in our own country.


I suppose there are those who will say that we have always been divided and I guess that is true to an extent. It is easy to become discouraged if one focuses very long on the politics in America. I feel like we(the American people) have been sold down the river by corporate greed. The very officials that we elected sold out long ago and joined forces with the dark side if you will.

There was even a time in my life that I was on the same wheel, running faster and faster and getting nowhere. The trouble with that lifestyle is that it has no sustainability, at least not for me. The chance to step back and re-focus on what is really important has been a life-changer. Life is about God, Family and Friends hence it becomes simpler when we change perspective.

"Each day is a gift" may be considered a cliche' but I believe it is true. We choose whether to open it and be thrilled, or return it in hopes of finding something better. Mind you there are some "gifts" that need to be returned.
Take some time out today to reflect on the important things in your life. The Simple life is a good life.


















No comments:

Post a Comment